Research Coordination Objectives
TREATme arises from nationally funded research groups and will bring together researchers, clinicians, non-governmental organizations (NGO), and policy makers.
The aims are to exchange and disseminate specific knowledge about important factors that will improve outcome in different youth psychotherapy modes, as well as about how to best design psychotherapy studies that can increase knowledge about what works for whom and how in youth psychotherapy.
The COST Action is a pan-European multidisciplinary network with participants from Europe and beyond, focusing on an urgent topic in psychotherapy research. The COST Action will promote coordinated and collaborative research activities and funding applications on personalized treatment for young people with mental health problems in Europe. This will be achieved by the following partial task objectives during the course of the Action:
Share scientific knowledge on treatment and research methods in psychotherapy for young persons
The Action will increase scientific knowledge across Europe on psychotherapy with young persons, the need for psychotherapy research and more specific knowledge on personalized treatment in different COST Countries with different treatments in use and differing mental health care systems.
The members of the Action will propose adapted research study designs in order to facilitate effective co-ordination and harmonization of research in psychotherapy for young people by:
- Identifying putative specific markers, mechanisms of change and adequate assessment tools in psychotherapy research for young persons
- Achieve consensus on core measures
- Provide advice on adequate study designs. This will promote collaborative research among members of the Action Network
Promote the sustainability of the network beyond the life of the Action
The Action will establish sustainable synergies among European research projects on how to do research on personalized treatment for adolescents and young adults and disseminate results in the following ways:
- Encourage network members to develop collaborative funding applications, for example from the European research program Horizon 2020
- Continue the liaison established among psychotherapy researchers after the duration of the Action
- Maintain the planned Action website as a sustained open resource for researchers, clinicians and policy makers.
These objects are specific, and will be possible to measure because the goals are concrete and visible.
Support a high proportion of ECIs and especially female and ITC researchers in the COST Action
Early Careers Investigators (ECIs), female and Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITCs) researchers will be encouraged by Action members to participate in Training Schools (TSs) and Short Term Scientific Missions (STSMs).
This objective will be conducted through the Website, conferences, local workshops, and by research and private institutions.
The training and mentoring of an emerging group of ECIs will be a measurable outcome of this objective.